Okay, so Vogue (the famous fashion magazine, which I am sure everyone knows of, making this bracketed text totally redundant) has this series of videos in which they ask celebrities a series of questions, 73 to be exact, in a span of ten to fifteen minutes. So the replies have to be quick and it has to be spontaneous (but you never know if it is scripted or not!). My favorites are the ones of Emma Stone and Blake Lively, by the way.
So here is a version of my own 73 questions; I know I do not have an interesting life, but anyone browsing through can just read the questions and think up their own answers as they go.
So here we go:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10, how excited are you about your life right now? Not a lot and not not-at-all, so 7
2. What is keeping you busy nowadays? Studying – a lil’ bit, loads of reading and Netflix.
3. What are you completely bored of? my work 😦
4. Something that moved you recently. The discovery of seven new exoplanets, and the tingle of anticipation of life beyond earth.
5. One Subject that you would teach at school. History, I love old stories
6. Favorite beverage. Black tea with lemon
7. Favorite cocktail. Mojito
8. Favorite food. Steamed Hilsa in mustard sauce and ice creams
9. Best birthday cake. Wouldn’t be just birthdays, but my grandma’s homemade carrot and lemon cake
10. One thing that has to be there in your fridge. Cheese spread
11. One thing that you still have from your childhood. Stitches on my forehead
12. Favorite TV show of all time. Friends
13. Favorite movie. Roman Holiday
14. A movie that made you cry. Any movie where someone dies in the end.
15. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Reading minds
16. A bizarre talent that you have. I can sit through the shittiest movies and enjoy them.
17. What is something that you cannot do. Be really flexible, I suck at yoga.
18. Best compliment ever received. That I can sing pretty well.
19. Best gift ever received. Pillows.
20. One habit that you would like to break. Biting nails when I am nervous. (I can never wear nail paint!)
21. Nicknames! Roi, Bubai, Shonama, Babu, Buba……
22. What surprises you most about people? Being narrow minded and orthodox about things.
23. What makes you laugh you no matter what. My sister’s jokes.
24. Most adventurous thing that you have done. Nothing, I am pretty safe as a person, does finishing a big bar of chocolate in one go count?
25. One thing that you wanted to try but are too scared to do. Get lost in the wilderness.
26. What is your spirit animal? A deer
27. If you could raid one woman’s closet, whose would it be? Sushmita Sen
28. A couple of must haves in your bag. Charging cable, lip balm, a pen, my debit card
29. What did you want to be when you were five. A librarian,to be surrounded by books
30. Something that you will not be doing in 10 years. Hopefully not hyperventilating about nearing 40.
31. One thing that you wish you knew, when you were 18. Don’t try too hard, doesn’t mean anything in the long run.
32. Most important life lesson. Happiness only comes from within.
33. Best thing about your hometown. The food and the history
34. Bravest thing that you have done. Stand up for whats right, even if I am the only one.
35. One goal that you want to achieve in your lifetime. Travel a bit of the world.
36. Favorite season. Spring!
37. Favorite holiday. Diwali.
38. Place for the perfect road trip. Any road trip with a long stretch along the sea/river/lake and tunnels too.
39. Best thing to do at home on a rainy day. Curl up and read with a cup of hot tea and pakodas.
40. If you could switch lives with someone for a day, who would it be? Jhumpa Lahiri
41. Last book that you read. The Spy, Paulo Coelho
42. Favorite book. Gone With the Wind.
43. A book that positively shaped you in school. Little Women.
44. One fictional character you would like to have coffee with. Dumbledore
45. Country that you would like to visit. Peru and Greece
46. Country where you would like to spend your retirement. India
47. What makes you smile the most. Kindness and generosity.
48. Last song you listened to on your phone. Shape of you, Ed Sheeran.
49. A song that you would be caught dancing alone to. Shiela ki Jawani
50. If you could make a documentary, what would it be on? An expose on corruption.
51. Guilty pleasure. French fries and mayo.
52. Favorite App. Google maps.
53. One musical instrument that you would like to master. The Cello.
54. Favorite flower. White lilies.
55. Favorite musical. The sound of Music.
56. Your biggest and absolute phobia. Lizards.
57. What is the first thing you notice about a person when you meet them? Oddly, the nose.
58. What would be the title of your biography? Bounce
59. Heels or flats? Flats
60. Milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark!
61. Twitter or Instagram? Instagram
62. Favorite color. Red always, and Teal
63. What would you wear to a red carpet, if you ever got the chance? A Grecian styled evening gown with golden highlights.
64. What song would you walk the runway to? Elle Goulding’s love me like you do
65. Favorite hobby. Photography.
66. Favorite dance move. The thumka
67. Favorite dessert. Cheesecake
68. If you got a tattoo, what would it be? A compass or stars on my wrist, maybe?
69. Favorite constellation. Andromeda
70. Favorite thing to wear. Oversized T-shirts and jeans.
71. One thing that you cannot live without? Books.
72. When was the last time you cried. Today morning 😛
73. Describe yourself in 3 words. Compliant, non-conformist and stubborn.
So that is it folks! And here is an idea, why don’t you write one for yourself and link it down in the comments below! It would be great to read 73 answers of yours!